Outlook (Windows) Instructions on Setting Up Email Accounts
These directions should work for most recent Microsoft Outlook versions, running on Microsoft Windows 98 and later.
- Launch Outlook
- Under "Tools" select "services..."
- Select "Internet Mail - (your account name)" and click "Properties" to edit your account.
- On the "General" tab, enter these settings.
- You might want to re-type the name you would like to reefer to this account by.
- Name: YourName
- Email address: YourName@yourdomain.com
- Click the "Servers" tab and input these settings:
- Incoming mail (POP) server: pop.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: smtp.yourdomain.com
- Account Name: YourName@yourdomain.com
- Password: Password (case sensitive)
- Press "OK"
- Press "Close"
***If you are having issues sending mail, make sure that under your "Outgoing Server" settings that you have "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and that you use the same settings as the incoming mail server.
Did this help you?
If you require additional assistance, please return to the Knowledge Base and search additional topics. If you still cannot find the help you require, please contact us or submit an online support ticket.
1. A place, or territory, on the internet; a developed piece of internet real estate; a website application. 2. An interactive advertising business solutions company.