Improve SEO With Proper Link Building
Tips on Using Incoming & Outgoing Links Effectively
Revised May 16, 2018
Originally Published July 1, 2008
Effective link building can dramatically help improve SEO; which leads to better website ranking, which leads to more qualified traffic, leads, and sales!
In addition to the importance of content and code, relevant links to complimentary information (both incoming and outgoing) is of paramount importance to a website's success. Quality link building will help to improve website SEO, search result ranking, and often customer service (including an overall positive brand perception).
What Is Link Building?
Link building is a strategic process where websites of a relevant, complimentary nature, and common goal (not competitive), place links to one another, (and similar websites) in a resource library for visitors (or similar knowledge base or help area).
Search engines like Google, often consider links to related information that's complimentary-in-nature, both positive and useful. Pending both sites are legitimate and do not appear to be of a "spamming" nature, search engines will often give better search result ranking to sites with relevant resource information available.
Complimentary site and resource links can vary from:
- Related industries
- Similar topics
- Trade directory websites, etc.
There are many benefits to proper link building and relevant link trades including:
- Better search engine ranking for related topics
- Increased qualified traffic to a website
- Improved customer service
Providing Custom Tools To Help Promote & Grow Your Business.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE >>
Google Recommends A Responsive Site for 2018
Is Your Website Responsive, Or Will You Lose 60% of Your Search Traffic? Learn More!
Featured Case Study
Allphin Communications, Inc. Case Study
Allphin Communications, Inc. is a Portland Metro, Oregon-based commercial cabling, voice/data, and audio/video business, serving commercial clients throughout Oregon & SW Washington.
Allphin Communications, Inc. required a secure, yet professional website solution to generate sales leads and bid requests; as well they desired on-going update assistance, as needed.
With this in mind, we built Allphin Communications, Inc.'s website using our clean code, SEO-Friendly, Responsive & Mobile-Friendly Content Management System (CMS) website solution.
You can learn more by clicking below:
B2B SEO Facts
However, the numbers are surprising; if your B2B company website isn't following Google's recommendations for SEM, SEO, and mobile-friendly design, you're most likely missing out!
Here’s the facts:
- Over 70% of all B2B purchase decisions start with a generic search. Some estimates are as high as 89%.1
- Nearly 90% of all B2B research is done using search engines.1
- Nearly half, 42% of all B2B research is done on a mobile device, and growing nearly 3X annually.1
- Nearly half, 46% of all B2B researchers are millennials on digital devices.1
- B2B pay-per-click advertising has the 3rd highest click-thru rate (2.55%) behind dating (3.4%) and finance (2.65%), yet above consumer services (2.4%)!2
Goodies & Freebies Featured Solution
AVG Anti-Virus - Free Virus Protection Software
Antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. NEW! LinkScanner® Active Surf-Shield checks web pages for threats at the only time that matters - when you're about to click that link. Learn More.
Newsletter Archive Topics
- Design & Development
- General Information
- Marketing, General
- Online Security
- Organic / Natural SEO
- Search Engine Marketing
- Website Conversion
- Website Technologies
Newsletter Article Ideas?
We want to hear about it! Our newsletter is geared towards you so email your article ideas or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newsletter Subscription Status
1. A place, or territory, on the internet; a developed piece of internet real estate; a website application. 2. An interactive advertising business solutions company.