Using Link Trades
Published September 6, 2017
Link trades can be a great resource to generate and increase traffic when used properly.
Following the below guidelines for link trades, can help increase website visibility, as well as improve SEO (thus increasing a website's ranking in search results):
- Ideally only trade links with compatible and complimentary industries or businesses.
- When posting links in trade directories, be sure to include pertinent, keyword rich profile content that accurately describes your business and services.
- In some cases, you may need to agree to have a reciprocal link from your site to theirs.
- Avoid linking to spam directories or placing irrelevant links as these won't help, and could potentially hurt a website's ranking.
This process of sharing traffic among similar businesses and industries can really help in making your website visible to potential surfers.
As well, the more sites that search engines find linked to yours, the better search engine ranking you may receive.
1. A place, or territory, on the internet; a developed piece of internet real estate; a website application. 2. An interactive advertising business solutions company.